WordPress automated upgrades are around for quite a some time, and it comes handy often esp. in terms of Security upgrads. At Vikcon, we handle more than 100 WordPress installations, for our clients. Though we have standard set of plugins with us, sometimes things do get broken.
During latest WordPress security update 4.7.1 , we observed similar issue. 99% of websites went to latest version flawlessly, but few, Like a popular blog. It stuck in the
With error that server not responding/taking too long to respond. This is classic case of almost complete, but not complete upgrade.
While website front-end operates perfectly, only the Dashboard (/wp-admin/) stuff is affected. This issue happens when there is a version mismatch between the files (Upgraded to latest version) & in DB (possible partially upgraded). I suspect the reason for this is incomplete resource allocation from web host side.
How to RESOLVE this!
- Use your FTP/SSH/File manager to locate a file /wp-includes/version.php
- Open the file & locate an entry for
$wp_db_version = xxxxx;
- Carefully note down the number appears in place of xxxxx above.
- Close the file without editing/changing/saving it.
- Now access your WordPress database, Easier way to do it is by PhpMyAdmin or Adminer utilities.
- Open the table wp_options & locate for entry
db_versionand a number in the next field. e.g.
- Just change the DB number entry to the number which is the File we accessed in Step 3.
- Then it is done. Refresh /wp-admin/ path & you are good to go.
Let me know if it works for you as well.